MENA Women in Law is an independent, non-for profit and apolitical group of women lawyers living or working in the Middle East & North Africa region.
Founded in early 2020 by leading women lawyers in Qatar, MENA – WIL aims to foster innovative and supportive dialogue among women lawyers across the MENA region.
Our Mission relies on four elements: Sharing Knowledge / Networking / Celebrating Women in Law / Fostering Interdisciplinary Dialogue
- Providing a platform and forum to communicate, network, exchange experience, knowledge, and best practices.
- Promoting professional knowledge and awareness on Law throughout the MENA region, building bridges through research, meetings, training, conferences, workshops, events, for the development and support of the community and members.
- Supporting continuing positive transformation of the legal sector to promote innovation, well-being, and sense of community.
- Assessing what latest legal technology is on offer for different practices, inherent advantages and risks: communicating experiences and feedback.
- Providing an interdisciplinary platform bringing collaborative programs on sustainability; connecting across academia and industry, public and private sectors.
Membership is subject to the following requirements:
- Being a woman
- Being a lawyer or a law student or working in the legal field
- Living or working in the MENA region
- Agreeing on our Charter of Ethics.